What's new
  • You are currently not logged in! You will have to create an account or login in order to participate on our forums.

Improving Support

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elias

I am Sped
What do you think of the current Support Team's Leadership? Because the promotion system is rigged. Why do numbers matter so much, why is someone that is getting 100 guest interviews FOR CREDITS.. getting promoted.. and someone that is doing top notch interviews.. not even getting looked at. Hell, people that get below 20 numbers don't even get looked at, you don't even go over everyones name. It sucks that you have to farm guest interviews in order to get noticed. It's shit how the leadership isn't willing to put in the effort to actually LOOK at the people they're promoting and do it based on numbers 9 out of 10 times instead.

I see where you come from. I am going top be pushing for shadows to play a bigger role in promotions. The way I hope this to work is if that if someone is doing well, but not meeting the minimum numbers, the results from their shadows will be looked into in-depth. If they have good results from their shadows saying that they were professional and other good comments, then they will receive the promotion. We plan to increase the amount of seniors by 10 to ensure that shadows are being done regularly enough so that this can happen. It will also provide seniors a good way to be promoted, aside from numbers, as detailed shadows will mean that the likelihood of them being promoted will be increased.

Triax

Try-Ax not Tree-Ax
Banned
Have the Head TeamSpeak Moderator charge the team, provide only two ranks in the Support Team:
  • Support Agent
  • Support Supervisor
Cut out the unnecessary titles and positions. If your interest is greeting new members to the TeamSpeak and informing them about the rules/policies, be our guest.

If you are not a member of Support, why? - I've personally never seen 10/10 work for the Support team. Every time I've needed a Guest Interview, I'd PM over 10 Support Agents and I'd not get any responses.
What do you think of the current Support Team's Leadership? - Don't have an opinion. I've hardly seen any in Eastern times.
What processes do you think should be changed, or removed? - Guest Interviews. Possibly find a way to automate or make them quicker.
What would you change? - As I said before, shorten or automate the Guest Interviews. That means you won't even need active Support to make sure that every interview is done. Either that or merge it with another department.

Guest services, is great and all but it gets SO annoying when randoms literally spam you for an interview like relax kid there's 140498 more people that can do it. Its like why the fuck do you even want to join when the teams are literally a choice between NEVER even getting credits/promotions (because kids do 150 interviews in a week) and being the most dead team (tech support) since community management.

Last edited by a moderator:

Elias

I am Sped
Have the Head TeamSpeak Moderator charge the team, provide only two ranks in the Support Team:
  • Support Agent
  • Support Supervisor
Cut out the unnecessary titles and positions. If your interest is greeting new members to the TeamSpeak and informing them about the rules/policies, be our guest.
The Support Manager, Lead an Senior position are all needed in my opinion. Support Manager is in-charge of the team, it ensures that everything is running completely smoothly and that the Leadership team is doing what is required of them and ensuring that all documentation is archived properly. Support Leads are given specific tasks of by the Manager often regarding to specific parts of the team, for example Mag is currently assigned to running the current leadership and giving them tasks and generally helping Mito. Seniors are absolutely vital. They do the task of shadowing people and documenting it. From this point we will be looking at these shadows more in-depth than in the past for promotions. Shadows are used to evaluate a person and to see whether they are doing the interviews without them the supervisors would be piled with even more work.

And as for Head TeamSpeak Moderator running the team. TeamSpeak and Support are fairly different, TeamSpeak Mods only assists Support with the punishment of users. The Head TeamSpeak Mod would easily be overrun with both the Head Moderator and Support Managers duties.

KermieBoy

Banned
If you are not a member of Support, why?
I was at one point, no appeal to me.
What do you think of the current Support Team's Leadership?
Very good, mag do da funnie running of support soon yes?
What processes do you think should be changed, or removed?
Don't let them constantly moderate my own channels, it's genuinely really annoying when I need to know in the back of my head someone is just allowed to listen to things that are genuinely confidential.
What would you change?
see above

• Informative
Reactions: Mag
Disband it and leave the responsibility to the teams actually involved in bringing people into the Teamspeak (Recruiters and Trainers). For the rando guests? Have them contact TSMods for roles.

Elias

I am Sped
Don't let them constantly moderate my own channels, it's genuinely really annoying when I need to know in the back of my head someone is just allowed to listen to things that are genuinely confidential.
The only people that are allowed to channel breach which is bypassing the channel code without permission are TeamSpeak Moderators and Server Leadership, from your Server. Whilst Senior Agent+ can moderate they should not be sitting in your channel listening to your conversations unless they are involved. If you do not want them listening change the channel code and then you can discuss confidential things in peace.

Elias

I am Sped
Disband it and leave the responsibility to the teams actually involved in bringing people into the Teamspeak (Recruiters and Trainers). For the rando guests? Have them contact TSMods for roles.
The idea was to improve Support, not remove it :( but I will comment on this anyway. With Support being essentially split through different teams, the organisation and general management would become a total pain in the arse. Mito and the Leadership team do a lot to ensure that people are properly filling out logs and processing guests. Also, guest services isn't just giving someone a rank, it's main purpose is to stop people who are blacklisted, banned or generally malicious from getting on the TeamSpeak. Doing that whilst the manager is focusing on other parts of their team, such as trainer, would not be done to anywhere near the current extent it is done.

Elias

I am Sped
I'm not support cuz I don't wanna be PMed by 20 in the span of 30 minutes asking for an interview...
Unfortunately, this is not something that can be fixed, I understand that is annoying but people will always contact someone they need.

The current support leadership is great but obviously it could be better. The process of being change is probably that person who is getting their member tag needs to type our name in comments. I don't think that is really needed, as long as they are within steam group and they have Garry's Mod or Rust they're fine. I would honestly change that because for me that is just unless. I would probably change the quota system and new roster, thas it :0
The reason for this and I think the choice was great was that people started faking accounts like how can your tell the difference without the verification I’ll just give u a steam Id in game and they have gmod or rust and now I have infiltrated

Some things I found to be annoying with support:
(Keep in mind I was only on the team for a couple weeks and could be entirely wrong)

1. It was hard to contact higher ups, especially if you needed something immediately. A couple times where I had to wait to give somebody an answer to my question.

2. It was frustrating to get endless messages from various people on Teamspeak to give support interviews - a lot of the time, I'm actively staffing my own server and couldn't do interviews.
It can be hard to sometimes contact any higher ups any where that why the discord was a thing go to the list on the side and pm them if u don’t get an answer they prob busy or asleep just go to the next when I was around in leader ship they tried to get multiple time zones obv there are gonna be times u can’t get an answer

Since some of the people are just doing their quotas so they don't get striked i would probably raise it to 5-7. And yes I am referring to public roster. I think that the last one was better because you could have seen SS+ and everyone else.
The reason for the lower number is that the support team is more or less a extra team you go into just to help and there are times for people where they get busy with other things and people were resigning due to too much work across all the teams ex military had you do 20 tickets in a week maintain a trainer quota of 2 depending on rank some people were gamemasters and some people were recruitment so across all those some people saw too much quota

I was at one point, no appeal to me.

Very good, mag do da funnie running of support soon yes?

see above
What do u mean by moderating your own channels normal agents aren’t allowed to seniors generally can’t unless something needs dealt with leadership don’t do it unless they get a report

Back when I was in the team it always felt like a drag to it since you hade a lot of other teams to deal with, but it was useful since on RP servers, TeamSpeak is a requirement. So if you wanted to get someone into your branch, it made it a lot easier. But it had one annoying thing you had to deal with people not understanding basic instruction that made the whole prosses a lot longer then it needed to be. A lot of the ppl that joined the TS didn't understand how to get their steam id, which made it a lot harder to deal with them. Also, the team is not necessary anymore since a lot of the problems that used to exist no longer do. So tbh, I think the team should be removed or repurposed instead. of screening everyone that joins the TS they could be made to do other things, and when the need for such actions as screenings are needed, they can just be handed over to the TS mods.

Flux Ryan

Community Member Overseer
Because support supervisor+ used to trip balls and would have the biggest power trip ever not sure how it Is now and also i feel like the department has not changed in a good year or a bit

I would bring back technical support I loved doing that

Like said above I would remove senior support agent don’t need some other person over me for no reason

Status
Not open for further replies.