What's new
  • You are currently not logged in! You will have to create an account or login in order to participate on our forums.

Improving Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's sometimes hard to see when someone new joins as people may not be paying attention to TeamSpeak at all times if they have other responsibilities such as staffing. So maybe a good addition would be ( and I don't know how hard this would be to do) but make a bot specifically for the support team that would PM support members on TeamSpeak saying there's a new user. Yes, this might get annoying to some people but for those who care about the team will be able to interview that new individual right away, plus this may also help all those people that complain about not being able to hit because they never get the chance to see a newcomer or it might motivate those lazy people to do an interview. Also, I know that on other servers there's a poke system that pokes support members when a new member joins but that can get quite annoying.

Elias

I am Sped
Back when I was in the team it always felt like a drag to it since you hade a lot of other teams to deal with, but it was useful since on RP servers, TeamSpeak is a requirement. So if you wanted to get someone into your branch, it made it a lot easier. But it had one annoying thing you had to deal with people not understanding basic instruction that made the whole prosses a lot longer then it needed to be. A lot of the ppl that joined the TS didn't understand how to get their steam id, which made it a lot harder to deal with them. Also, the team is not necessary anymore since a lot of the problems that used to exist no longer do. So tbh, I think the team should be removed or repurposed instead. of screening everyone that joins the TS they could be made to do other things, and when the need for such actions as screenings are needed, they can just be handed over to the TS mods.
The process is absolutely still needed as it has stopped many malicious users from getting on the TeamSpeak and it allows us to identify when people are ban evading easily.

Because support supervisor+ used to trip balls and would have the biggest power trip ever not sure how it Is now and also i feel like the department has not changed in a good year or a bit

I would bring back technical support I loved doing that

Like said above I would remove senior support agent don’t need some other person over me for no reason
Technical Support was removed because it was no longer needed. We have also had a change in the Leadership, in my opinion, they are all very respectful and dedicated to the Support Team. If you think someone is power tripping bring it to myself, Mito or Pharix. Seniors are definitely needed in the direction we are heading. My plan is that shadows influence promotions a lot more than they already do, having 7 people shadow 8-0

It's sometimes hard to see when someone new joins as people may not be paying attention to TeamSpeak at all times if they have other responsibilities such as staffing. So maybe a good addition would be ( and I don't know how hard this would be to do) but make a bot specifically for the support team that would PM support members on TeamSpeak saying there's a new user. Yes, this might get annoying to some people but for those who care about the team will be able to interview that new individual right away, plus this may also help all those people that complain about not being able to hit because they never get the chance to see a newcomer or it might motivate those lazy people to do an interview. Also, I know that on other servers there's a poke system that pokes support members when a new member joins but that can get quite annoying.
We have looked into the past, I am sure it can be done, but people already do not like it when normal users pm them occasionally, this will only worsen that.

I think the biggest problem to me and something that could be easy or could be hard to fix is just the people that know about the support team every other team is easy to find like recruitment people use binds in game such is same with gm and trainer ts mod u don’t need to advertise as u don’t need a big force but support team no one really knows about it I found out by another support agent that was in my branch as a higher up and I didn’t know what they did. I talked to Mito about this idk what has changed since but if more people know what the team is and think it’s appealing the work load will get distributed more evenly which will hopefully will create a snow ball effect of more joining less leaving due to less pms and work load

In the end this is like any other team. People will always find things to complain about 24/7 without coming up with a ACTUAL solution/suggestion, when they do, they don't think about the consequences. They simply go, "just do this, just do that" It's almost as if we added all the steps required in the guest logs for our own fun and not for the safety of the community.

Half of y'all complaining about "it's so annoying to get PM'd to do guest interviews" that is quite literally the same as saying it's annoying to be a staff member because tickets keep popping up in-game. If it's not your cup of tea gtfo of the team but don't suggest stupid things that wouldn't benefit the team. Literally none of those comments has actually suggested something while also using a few braincells at the very least.

If you are not a member of Support, why?
I think the biggest reason that most members don't bother with joining Support is because of the fact that you don't really get anything from it. There's just no point. Like I said to Niermann when he dropped the Staff requirement, if you could use being a Support Agent to be able to join Staff in the same capacities as the Trainer team, then I think I would consider it a little more otherwise it should really just remain a Staff team.
What do you think of the current Support Team's Leadership?
Don't really know any of the Support Teams internal leadership to comment on how they might do. However, if you want to include the executives, the British Infrastructure team is fantastic and is performing the take over quite nicely.
What processes do you think should be changed, or removed?
I mean it's fairly straight forward to be fair. Just ask a few questions and ask for the SteamID. I don't think it really needs a huge overhaul considering that it's just really there to log the SteamID and the TS3 UID.
What would you change?
I'd work closer with Personnel to be able to use Support as another branch that can be used to join Staff with. As well as that, I think i'd give the ability to give Channel Admin to Senior Support Agents or maybe the next one higher.

XYZ

JvS God
Muted
I believe support playing a bigger role within the staff team would help significantly. Holding it to the standard of the trainer team almost, and making sure work within support counts towards staff promotions. As of now, it is noted but not taken into as much consideration as it should be. Note, I'm not saying we make it requirement.

Also, those wanting Tech Support back don't understand that it is essentially still in support. If we added it back there would still be a quota, and you'd still most likely have to do guest interviews.

Pharix

Mumbling Brit
SteamID64
I think the biggest reason that most members don't bother with joining Support is because of the fact that you don't really get anything from it. There's just no point. Like I said to Niermann when he dropped the Staff requirement, if you could use being a Support Agent to be able to join Staff in the same capacities as the Trainer team, then I think I would consider it a little more otherwise it should really just remain a Staff team

I was the one that brought it to Niermann that we should entrust members of the community with Support Agent, whether it was to increase popularity or to open new opportunities I can't quite remember but it could be both reasons.

I think i'd give the ability to give Channel Admin to Senior Support Agents or maybe the next one higher.

Only problem with that is someone could be malicious as a Senior and if they give out Ch. Admin to someone who is also malicious then we could be seeing channels getting ruined. If this happened late at night we could face the risks of not knowing who did it if it isn't reported or someone isn't there to see it in the global logs (considering they only take up the last 30 minutes or so).

I'd work closer with Personnel to be able to use Support as another branch that can be used to join Staff with

Could you expand on this? Curious to know how this could pan out!

Christian

Ex-Shitposter Extraordinaire ♡
I believe support playing a bigger role within the staff team would help significantly. Holding it to the standard of the trainer team almost, and making sure work within support counts towards staff promotions. As of now, it is noted but not taken into as much consideration as it should be. Note, I'm not saying we make it requirement.
You're literally the DVL. If it isn't weighed as heavily within your server for promotions, then change it. You don't need a P.S for that in the slightest.

Danj

The Quintessential Gamer
I make sure to take it into consideration within our promotions. Not sure how it is for other servers though.
We definitely use it for consideration in DarkRP promotions but that's kind of hard to avoid considering we have a Support Supervisor as an Elite Admin but the Manager in our Leadership team. It's definitely neglected by a lot of staff teams in comparison to teams such as Support usually because a lack of diversity within Support Leadership.

Currently the only members of Support Leadership who hold any Server Leadership are 3 members of the CityRP team, yourself, 1 person from MRP and 2 people from DarkRP and the other is a resigned Rust member. So outside these teams I'm going to doubt they'll pay much focus for Support. I believe highly it should affect promotions and contribution considering the importance of the team but that'll need to be something those staff teams need to work on.

Savage

💎 Undisputed
IRP Elite Admin
Forum Moderator
TeamSpeak Moderator
Since some servers already look at work in support to determine potential promotions, I think it should be regulated instead of overlooked by other servers. As unless you really just want to join the team for the sole purpose of helping with interviews or being able to do interviews for your tryouts, it won’t result in much benefit from a staff rank perspective.

Also, from my experience some of the stuff when interviewing could be a little more lenient, it seems that some of the stuff put in place is not needed, an example being needing a super specific reason for joining TS, like a specific tryout not just “Joining for tryouts” even though a good majority of people join right after training when they don’t know what they’ll be joining, if from an RP server.

Finally, I don’t really know if Senior is needed, the shadows are nice but is a filler rank from base agent to leadership that needed.

Rashid

Who?
  • If you are not a member of Support, why?
I am, I enjoy it tons.
  • What do you think of the current Support Team's Leadership?
I think Mito has a pretty solid team going, except @BanksAK 🤮
  • What processes do you think should be changed, or removed?
The forums.
  • What would you change?
I feel as if Support Agents should get a tag on the forums to help in the tech support section. They already can but it would be nice if we could actually lock and move the thread ourselves. However, I do see how this is kind of pointless, and is just a thought.🤮

Last edited:

Mito

Washed Up
  • What would you change?
I feel as if Support Agents should get a tag on the forums to help in the tech support section. They already can but it would be nice if we could actually lock and move the thread ourselves. However, I do see how this is kind of pointless, and is just a thought.
So we used to have the Tech Support tag on the forums but even then they still couldn't move any of the things.
I will work on allowing Supervisors+ to move and lock threads in that section.

Elias

I am Sped
Thanks for everyones feedback! I will be closing this post.
Please be aware that if you ever have any suggestions, you can always come to myself, English, Pharix or Mito.​

Status
Not open for further replies.