What's new
  • You are currently not logged in! You will have to create an account or login in order to participate on our forums.

Improving Support

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birds

Figures
DarkRP Head Admin
Recruitment Manager
TeamSpeak Moderator
Some things I found to be annoying with support:
(Keep in mind I was only on the team for a couple weeks and could be entirely wrong)

1. It was hard to contact higher ups, especially if you needed something immediately. A couple times where I had to wait to give somebody an answer to my question.

2. It was frustrating to get endless messages from various people on Teamspeak to give support interviews - a lot of the time, I'm actively staffing my own server and couldn't do interviews.

Change the 15 day Forum requirement, why do forums interfere with if you can apply or not?

A lot of new staff would be of great help and would most likely join it seeing how they want to help in any way possible.

I can only share this opinion. 3-4 Days ago I happily applied for Support Agent, I had created a new Forum-Account (No access to the old one). So I went to an Recruitment Member and asked if he could recruit me for support. He never told me about that 15-Days Forum-Account rule and I got denied by instant. This is unnecessary. Why does Forum-Account length interfere with Teamspeak Support Agency?

[Insert Big Questionmark here]

kind regards,

Kabasch.

Last edited:

Elias

I am Sped
Since some of the people are just doing their quotas so they don't get striked i would probably raise it to 5-7. And yes I am referring to public roster. I think that the last one was better because you could have seen SS+ and everyone else.
People just doing their quota so they don't get striked is fine. They are still helping support in some aspect. Whilst, yes it is easy to get that number, people that just want to help here and there wouldn't be able to hit that. Having a lower quota means that people can be in the team and help as much as they want - they just won't get promoted.

Birds

Figures
DarkRP Head Admin
Recruitment Manager
TeamSpeak Moderator
thats why it should be risin

There's no reason to raise it, people will just quit. Also, if somebody doesn't want to excel in the team but just wants to skirt by meeting their quotas, then they should be able to. That's just 3 support interviews less for others to worry about, better than 0!

BestProLol

Ex. DarkRP SL
People just doing their quota so they don't get striked is fine. They are still helping support in some aspect. Whilst, yes it is easy to get that number, people that just want to help here and there wouldn't be able to hit that. Having a lower quota means that people can be in the team and help as much as they want - they just won't get promoted.
What about the public roster. The last one was great so you can see all SS+ and see your prod etc.

Elias

I am Sped
What about the public roster. The last one was great so you can see all SS+ and see your prod etc.
The public roster acts as a way for you to see your own quota, not anyone else's, hence why Supervisor isn't on there - they can already see theirs. And you can still see your productivity, I am not sure what you are referring to this?

Banks

big papi locsta
He never told me about that 15-Days Forum-Account rule and I got denied by instant. This is unnecessary. Why does Forum-Account length interfere with Teamspeak Support Agency?
that's at the fault of the recruiter for not making sure if you met the requirements or not. and like @Pharix said:
So, this was set out originally for 1 month and was lowered to 15 days, the whole point of having a 2 week (or so) waiting period is to know we can trust a member that had recently joined our community with the set perms. If a user joins our community & TeamSpeak to then apply for Support and get accepted on that day then there is the possibility of risk that this member may start abusing perms.

We are however looking at either lowering this or having a format code to show how long a user has been part of the community as a whole rather than just based off the forum account creation date.

The support team is a numbers game and that is it basically. Maybe if you had people watching the support interviews more then you could look into promoting people over their professionalism rather than their numbers peoples lives are busy and cant be dealing with doing 60 a week just too get promoted. I think we should revert support to how is used to be a long time ago where it was a simple team nothing over the top, no you have to do this do that you did a little interview and be done with it the support team had lots of members their wasn't a lot of minges joining and if they did they was dealt with accordingly.

The reason I am not part of the support team is because all the times I have been in it is the Higher ups would just go oh you didn't do good on this this and this there was no you did really good this week keep it up it was all negativity I dont want to be in a team where our work doesn't get recognised and it wasn't a one of week it was meeting after meeting.

Process I think should be changed or removed is getting people to not comment on the profiles I understand the reasoning behind it completely but it just drags on and drags on because people keep going what?? I dont understand. But this is something that protects us more

What I would change is actually looking after your team and making them feel welcomed and show appreciation to them we wanted to join to help the Infrastructure side of things and the community and we do our work but just get talked down on week after week.

The support team is a numbers game and that is it basically. Maybe if you had people watching the support interviews more then you could look into promoting people over their professionalism rather than their numbers peoples lives are busy and cant be dealing with doing 60 a week just too get promoted. I think we should revert support to how is used to be a long time ago where it was a simple team nothing over the top, no you have to do this do that you did a little interview and be done with it the support team had lots of members their wasn't a lot of minges joining and if they did they was dealt with accordingly.

The reason I am not part of the support team is because all the times I have been in it is the Higher ups would just go oh you didn't do good on this this and this there was no you did really good this week keep it up it was all negativity I dont want to be in a team where our work doesn't get recognised and it wasn't a one of week it was meeting after meeting.

Process I think should be changed or removed is getting people to not comment on the profiles I understand the reasoning behind it completely but it just drags on and drags on because people keep going what?? I dont understand. But this is something that protects us more

What I would change is actually looking after your team and making them feel welcomed and show appreciation to them we wanted to join to help the Infrastructure side of things and the community and we do our work but just get talked down on week after week.
+1 Completely agree why I left support because people would be doing 100+ interviews that week and most people don't have time to be doing 100+ interviews a week and get all the praise while the rest of us get talked down

Birds

Figures
DarkRP Head Admin
Recruitment Manager
TeamSpeak Moderator
+1 Completely agree why I left support because people would be doing 100+ interviews that week and most people don't have time to be doing 100+ interviews a week and get all the praise while the rest of us get talked down

Facts. How can you excel if you got regular staffing duties/IRL work and even hours of interviews still wouldn't set you apart on the team?

Danj

The Quintessential Gamer
I've been a Support Lead in the past for the now non-existent Technical Support Team but I've always closely worked with the team since my departure whether it was in my brief time in the Teamspeak Moderation Team alongside being Head Forum Moderator which did include being more involved with some of the behind the scenes work. Plus the Support Manager @Mito is on the same staff team I'm on so I want to share my own thoughts and I've already shared some thoughts with Mito directly.

The Introduction of more Sub-Teams

Although the removal of the Tech Support team was a sad time for a few members of our community. I believe the principle and idea behind a smaller and tighter team with a much smaller task was very effective and gave users a way to diverse and find a team that best suited them. This is no longer present within Infrastructure and you currently have 3 choices in teams which don't really offer much diversion, even outside of Infrastructure the only smaller teams with a simpler tasks are really only Content Creator (Unless we wanted to count Human Resources). You already have Moderation on the major platforms sorted. Forum Moderation oversees the Forums, Teamspeak Moderation oversees the Teamspeak and the Rust Staff oversee the Discord.

I like all these teams and have enjoyed my team with all 3 (including the old Discord Moderation team), but I think Support is an excellent team to kick start some smaller teams that users could easily sign up to that would give them a chance to do something in our community.

There is a few ideas:

Client Services - Almost identical to how it was previously except underneath Infrastructure instead of Liaison to truly use the Infrastructure platforms more to their advantage to provide a more focused service. This team could simply just focus on communication and be a smaller team with a singular purpose

Designer - I've debated whether this team would add anything but I think it would be a nice experiment. A team decided to users who specifically want to help design layouts and channels to make it more visually pleasing for our community members. Whether they're helping redesign the new channel for a new Battalion on a RP server or reorganizing the channel layouts to make it more appealing. A very small team with a singular purpose that people would love to join and be able to stand out. This could easily be branched out to help not only on the Teamspeak but Forums and the Discords aswell.

Buddy - I'm not sure what the name could be so I'll just explain what the team does. This team is dedicated to members who will remain unbiased and be supportive to users who either need advice and be a friendly face amongst the community. It's for users who don't wish to report to staff leadership or HR which can often feel overwhelming to newcomers.

Those are some basic ideas and I'm sure plenty can be added as well. My point is that smaller teams do make a huge impact and give something for community members and staff to contribute to the community. With discussions about removing forced quotas and allowing more freedom to Leadership to decide whether people are contributing to the team. Smaller teams that offer different ways of helping would be very beneficial. Sure it won't help the server like Recruitment, Trainer and Gamemaster but that's not the point. Not everyone will enjoy these teams and with a community as diverse as Icefuse I think we should be expanding our teams rather than restricting.

I strongly believe this would be a great way to see Support branch out and be the first step to a better community for Icefuse.

Keysie

Muted
The Introduction of more Sub-Teams
So for me i have been in support like 2 or 3 times, and in all of those times I joined so that i could be in tech support. I agree with danj about adding more sub-teams that would enrich the support team with specialized things that people could go for with applying for support. also bring back tech support i would join and grind the shit out of that team if it was added back.

MrBean

Mentor shall live on 🦕🦖
Banned
Just in general got tired of being pm'd to do support interviews every 10-30 minutes

That’s just part of being a support agent, if you’re available you most likely will be PMed. I don’t see this as a big problem because this benefits you as a support agent.

I don't get why some people are so stuck up on changing something that doesn't need changing. The support team isn't for everyone, people that don't like it will complain. more than half the people that make suggestions wouldn't even join support if those suggestions were to be implemented. I know this is just for feedback but I don't think it's that necessary. If there was something dire going on with support it would've been changed by now.

What do you think of the current Support Team's Leadership? Because the promotion system is rigged. Why do numbers matter so much, why is someone that is getting 100 guest interviews FOR CREDITS.. getting promoted.. and someone that is doing top notch interviews.. not even getting looked at. Hell, people that get below 20 numbers don't even get looked at, you don't even go over everyones name. It sucks that you have to farm guest interviews in order to get noticed. It's shit how the leadership isn't willing to put in the effort to actually LOOK at the people they're promoting and do it based on numbers 9 out of 10 times instead.

What processes do you think should be changed, or removed? Don't touch the quota, it is fine as it is and people that do more than the bare minimum get recognized for their work. There's no need to increase, decrease or remove that. People say that the process is too long but how hard is it? I was able to easily finish those guest interviews, within less than 5 minutes, it's not hard unless YOU are uncapable of helping people properly. What would you even remove from the guest log form? Nothing, everything is required in order to make sure that the user is not malicious. Unless you guys don't mind dealing with malicious users more than usual, then sure, remove half the shit it says on the guest logs.

Waffles

Ex-AS | Ex-ROVS | Ex-HROVS
I don't get why some people are so stuck up on changing something that doesn't need changing. The support team isn't for everyone, people that don't like it will complain. more than half the people that make suggestions wouldn't even join support if those suggestions were to be implemented. I know this is just for feedback but I don't think it's that necessary. If there was something dire going on with support it would've been changed by now.

What do you think of the current Support Team's Leadership? Because the promotion system is rigged. Why do numbers matter so much, why is someone that is getting 100 guest interviews FOR CREDITS.. getting promoted.. and someone that is doing top notch interviews.. not even getting looked at. Hell, people that get below 20 numbers don't even get looked at, you don't even go over everyones name. It sucks that you have to farm guest interviews in order to get noticed. It's shit how the leadership isn't willing to put in the effort to actually LOOK at the people they're promoting and do it based on numbers 9 out of 10 times instead.

What processes do you think should be changed, or removed? Don't touch the quota, it is fine as it is and people that do more than the bare minimum get recognized for their work. There's no need to increase, decrease or remove that. People say that the process is too long but how hard is it? I was able to easily finish those guest interviews, within less than 5 minutes, it's not hard unless YOU are uncapable of helping people properly. What would you even remove from the guest log form? Nothing, everything is required in order to make sure that the user is not malicious. Unless you guys don't mind dealing with malicious users more than usual, then sure, remove half the shit it says on the guest logs.
Fix the leadership team's process and how they handle promotions.

Change the 15 day Forum requirement, why do forums interfere with if you can apply or not?

A lot of new staff would be of great help and would most likely join it seeing how they want to help in any way possible.
I totally agree and think that we should let people with 1 hour of playtime join fuck it lets give them HA after 3 days of being staff half of the server have been playing for a year+ and still don’t know rules

Mito

Washed Up

So on the quota req we are working on that.
It is no longer a 20+ quota we have lowered it down to around 10.
I am actively working on focusing on consistence and quality over quantity.

Mito

Washed Up
We have had many people only focus on numbers for credits rather than benefiting the team. Often times if they publicly say this, it will lower their chances of being promoted as it shows that they are not here for the improvement for support, rather their own gain.

So on the quota req we are working on that.
It is no longer a 20+ quota we have lowered it down to around 10.
I am actively working on focusing on consistence and quality over quantity.
@Mito @Elias Suggestion: At the end of the support interview you give the guest a feedback form. Assuming they fill it out it is a great way to check the quality and shift over from quantity to quality. From there I feel people would be happier and not have to continually farm as it causes burning out and frustration.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.