What's new
  • You are currently not logged in! You will have to create an account or login in order to participate on our forums.

Improving Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
ea712464202aade5258faf83825a0547.png

Hello all,

We wanted to make a post that you guys can use to talk about the Support Team. Whether it is something you want; added, changed or removed. We want to improve Support in anyway we can to make it both more appealing to players and to make it the best it possibly can be. Discussion is allowed, however, please make sure that everything remains critical and constructive. Please leave your opinions below and potential ways that we could improve the Support Team.

Some things to think on:

• If you are not a member of Support, why?
  • What do you think of the current Support Team's Leadership?
  • What processes do you think should be changed, or removed?
  • What would you change?

Hill

Commander of RP
SteamID64

mikey

Former I.S, A.S, SLx5
    I genuinely never liked support. Every time I join, It feels so useless after a week. The only way I got a high rank was getting I.S
    It's a super long boring process, that stays the same throughout the ranks. Something needs to be added to freshen it up.
  • What would you change?
    Honestly, Remove Senior Support Agent. It's super pointless, and it just allows you to shadow. There is really no point in the rank As a whole, it's the same reason why they removed senior recruitment members. It means nothing or just a minor change. In reality, the senior is just a rank to get. The additional shadows are nice, but give that to Supervisors+ only. removing seniors also gives people the goal to try extremely hard from member and reach that officer area in support

Nadiya

Grassy
ea712464202aade5258faf83825a0547.png

Hello all,

We wanted to make a post that you guys can use to talk about the Support Team. Whether it is something you want; added, changed or removed. We want to improve Support in anyway we can to make it both more appealing to players and to make it the best it possibly can be. Discussion is allowed, however, please make sure that everything remains critical and constructive. Please leave your opinions below and potential ways that we could improve the Support Team.

Some things to think on:

• What would you change?

If you are not a member of Support, why? The removal of Tech Support

• What do you think of the current Support Team's Leadership? Good Choices

What processes do you think should be changed, or removed? None, It is good how it is.

What would you change? Bring back Tech Support!!!!!!

MrBean

Mentor shall live on 🦕🦖
Banned
I’m not a support member because when I was HA I didn’t wanna give myself to much work since at the time I was a part of more teams, now I would consider joining and might be joining after my LOA.

I honestly don’t know much about the support leadership I know a few names that I know when said but that’s due to my interactions outside of support.

I honestly don’t know what the process is anymore, when I joined support my first time it was quite easy, I have heard people complain about how it’s done now but I personally don’t even know what changed.

• What would you change?

I would change the perms and allow guest to PM people with a support tag, this would help because not everyone is looking at the TeamSpeak 24/7 and it would make the process go a lot smoother if they could message support agents.

Change the 15 day Forum requirement, why do forums interfere with if you can apply or not?

A lot of new staff would be of great help and would most likely join it seeing how they want to help in any way possible.
I don’t agree with this how can someone enforce rules if they don’t know them?

Pharix

Mumbling Brit
SteamID64
Change the 15 day Forum requirement, why do forums interfere with if you can apply or not?

A lot of new staff would be of great help and would most likely join it seeing how they want to help in any way possible.

So, this was set out originally for 1 month and was lowered to 15 days, the whole point of having a 2 week (or so) waiting period is to know we can trust a member that had recently joined our community with the set perms. If a user joins our community & TeamSpeak to then apply for Support and get accepted on that day then there is the possibility of risk that this member may start abusing perms.

We are however looking at either lowering this or having a format code to show how long a user has been part of the community as a whole rather than just based off the forum account creation date.

Pharix

Mumbling Brit
SteamID64
I would change the perms and allow guest to PM people with a support tag, this would help because not everyone is looking at the TeamSpeak 24/7 and it would make the process go a lot smoother if they could message support agents.
This is something we can look into, thank you for this :)

So, this was set out originally for 1 month and was lowered to 15 days, the whole point of having a 2 week (or so) waiting period is to know we can trust a member that had recently joined our community with the set perms. If a user joins our community & TeamSpeak to then apply for Support and get accepted on that day then there is the possibility of risk that this member may start abusing perms.

We are however looking at either lowering this or having a format code to show how long a user has been part of the community as a whole rather than just based off the forum account creation date.

Perfect :D

Elias

I am Sped
Honestly, Remove Senior Support Agent. It's super pointless, and it just allows you to shadow. There is really no point in the rank As a whole, it's the same reason why they removed senior recruitment members. It means nothing or just a minor change. In reality, the senior is just a rank to get. The additional shadows are nice, but give that to Supervisors+ only. removing seniors also gives people the goal to try extremely hard from member and reach that officer area in support

Shadowing has been changed since you were an I.S to make it the main job of a Senior. We have the rank of Senior so that Supervisors are not bombarded with questions and providing agents with that extra step of the CoC. Supervisors already have to do a lot to ensure that the team is running smoothly and that someone isn't doing guests wrong because they misunderstood or thought that they were doing something right. And yes, whilst Senior Recruitment was removed, support is a much bigger team as it runs on a network wide basis, there are way too many guests for a couple supervisors to check without having another rank dedicated to ensuring that guests are being watched.

Pharix

Mumbling Brit
SteamID64
Bring back Tech Support
The reason this was removed was because the team was more-and-more starting to be seen as redundant and didn't provide a great ordeal of quota on the Tech side of things so they were doing more Guest Services related stuff than Tech, there was no point really in keeping it. Whether it will return or not we do not truly know unless we see an absolute definitive reason to bring it back.

BestProLol

Ex. DarkRP SL
The current support leadership is great but obviously it could be better. The process of being change is probably that person who is getting their member tag needs to type our name in comments. I don't think that is really needed, as long as they are within steam group and they have Garry's Mod or Rust they're fine. I would honestly change that because for me that is just unless. I would probably change the quota system and new roster, thas it :0

The current support leadership is great but obviously it could be better. The process of being change is probably that person who is getting their member tag needs to type our name in comments. I don't think that is really needed, as long as they are within steam group and they have Garry's Mod or Rust they're fine. I would honestly change that because for me that is just unless. I would probably change the quota system and new roster, thas it :0

It's in order to be able to make sure that it's actually their account. Obviously, you could tell them to make their games public whatever and that is enough for YOU to know that it is their account but it is more so for the leadership checking the logs that they can actually confirm it was their account and that you're not letting randoms through claiming to be someone else.

BestProLol

Ex. DarkRP SL
What would you change quota wise, and are you referring to the public roster?
Since some of the people are just doing their quotas so they don't get striked i would probably raise it to 5-7. And yes I am referring to public roster. I think that the last one was better because you could have seen SS+ and everyone else.

Banks

big papi locsta
Since some of the people are just doing their quotas so they don't get striked i would probably raise it to 5-7.
the quota was 6 for the longest time when i joined support months ago but it was reduced by half to lessen the workload

thats why it should be risin

Why should it be increased? It being reduced makes less people resign than usual taken the quota isn't as high as it was even though it was easy to hit. The support team would defiinitely not benefit from increasing the quota and you don't bring any points as to how it would help the support team if it were to be increased. It also just goes to show who is putting in more work and isn't doing the bare minimum.

Status
Not open for further replies.