What's new
  • You are currently not logged in! You will have to create an account or login in order to participate on our forums.

Recent Changes to Affairs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't play Icefuse anymore but this is pretty fucking stupid

"We are removing Mentor because people are stalking mentee's for quota" as if this isn't how every other affair team has worked on icefuse for literally ever?

You might as well go ahead and remove Recruitment and Game Master too since it's the same principle. Staff 'stalk' random players and spam their binds desperately to for quota as well as pushing out shitty events for quota.

This is sooo typical of Icefuse higher ups, y'all can't be bothered to sort out a problem so you tackle the situation by just removing the whole thing and forget it ever happened.

And think about all the people that genuinely did care for the team, the managers that poured their heart and soul into the team for it to thrive and the officers that grinded for a chance to get a lead position. As a former mentor manager I can see how much this is going to piss people off as well as demotivate them. well done again executives for hurting your staff team with such a large and sudden change out of nowhere.

Anyone that seriously says this is a good thing is very closed-minded and just wants to impress their higher-ups by agreeing with them.

Mentor team was a great team for the time that I was there. If there were issues with the team shouldn't it have been discussed with the Mentor managers to make a better change? I don't know if this was discussed behind the scenes but this seems like a decision that was made out of no where and gave little to no heads up for anyone apart of the team. Either way, o7.

JR

Money is the motivation
Network Supervisor
SteamID64
Anyone that seriously says this is a good thing is very closed-minded and just wants to impress their higher-ups by agreeing with them.
Not everyone has to have the same opinion as you, I and many people like the change, you and many others do not. It’s not about impressing higher ups

Not everyone has to have the same opinion as you, I and many people like the change, you and many others do not. It’s not about impressing higher ups
The majority of people will definitely dislike the change than like it, a lot of current staff will just act like it's okay and get on with it because they're scared of being yelled at for speaking out against the 'all mighty executives'

JR

Money is the motivation
Network Supervisor
SteamID64
The majority of people will definitely dislike the change than like it, a lot of current staff will just act like it's okay and get on with it because they're scared of being yelled at for speaking out against the 'all mighty executives'
Some people, that may be the case, others not so much. But just because people agree to the change mean they're closed-minded? No.

Some people, that may be the case, others not so much. But just because people agree to the change mean they're closed-minded? No.
whatever, just focus on that part of my post if you want but, Yes, if people really think the only way of fixing mentor, which has been an affair and worked for years is by just straight up removing it out of nowhere then YES they absolutely are closed-minded FOOLS.

Dirt

Update?
Web Developer
whatever, just focus on that part of my post if you want but, Yes, if people really think the only way of fixing mentor, which has been an affair and worked for years is by just straight up removing it out of nowhere then YES they absolutely are closed-minded FOOLS.

Almost as close-minded as you with your assumptions that just because a team has existed automatically makes it a useful and beneficial team. Call it what it was, it was another optional team with a quota that benefited few people. Prior to the Mentor team being created by @Lance , this was exactly how we managed new Tmods. Senior Moderators that were online were asked that if they had a spare hour to come train a tmod and show them the ropes. It had no quota and no commendation besides proving to leadership that you took initiative to help new staff members and demonstrated good leadership skills.

This change is a good one, overall.

I don't play Icefuse anymore but this is pretty fucking stupid

"We are removing Mentor because people are stalking mentee's for quota" as if this isn't how every other affair team has worked on icefuse for literally ever?

You might as well go ahead and remove Recruitment and Game Master too since it's the same principle. Staff 'stalk' random players and spam their binds desperately to for quota as well as pushing out shitty events for quota.

This is sooo typical of Icefuse higher ups, y'all can't be bothered to sort out a problem so you tackle the situation by just removing the whole thing and forget it ever happened.

And think about all the people that genuinely did care for the team, the managers that poured their heart and soul into the team for it to thrive and the officers that grinded for a chance to get a lead position. As a former mentor manager I can see how much this is going to piss people off as well as demotivate them. well done again executives for hurting your staff team with such a large and sudden change out of nowhere.

I disagree with you fully, I wasn't happy about mentor being removed at first ethier. But when Dyno told us why it was removed it made perfect sense, I didn't wanna stress every week for a quota, don't get me wrong I LOVED mentor but there are things that come into factor, because it was optitional to join it however not many people cared to join, so they made a system to where its optitional to train someone, however if you do train someone it looks slightly better on you. And with no quota, i'm sure more people will train new TMods, Etc. They pretty much have almost done the same thing with game master aswell, because now every TM+ can help with events. But in conculsion, this was the right decision in my opinion, now its optionial to do these things witch makes this good because more people will wanna train people, is the therory. Thank you, I don't mean any toxicity within this, ~DarkRP EA TJ.

Almost as close-minded as you with your assumptions that just because a team has existed automatically makes it a useful and beneficial team. Call it what it was, it was another optional team with a quota that benefited few people. Prior to the Mentor team being created by @Lance , this was exactly how we managed new Tmods. Senior Moderators that were online were asked that if they had a spare hour to come train a tmod and show them the ropes. It had no quota and no commendation besides proving to leadership that you took initiative to help new staff members and demonstrated good leadership skills.

This change is a good one, overall.
A team will always work better because it has structure. It also has motivation because people have to apply to get into it and then their are ranks to be earnt by hard work. Staff outside of taking tickets show how good they are at their job by taking part in affairs. Removing one of the most important teams completely devalues that aspect. If you guys were worried about people doing shit mentoring jobs just to reach their quota then the solution is pretty fucking simple, remove or lower the quota and make it clear poor mentoring will not be tolerated and will result in removal of the team. As well, you pull mentors into the channel and tell them they gotta mentor and then officers are meant to shadow that and make sure everything is being done right.

The fact you guys didnt even think of that is shocking, mentor as an affair works damn well and I know that for sure since I was a former manager and my team did fucking brilliant because i spent a lot of time making sure it did and i had excellent leads their to help.

If the reason of removing mentor is because people stalked mentees for quota then why dont you just remove recruitment as well because that's all people do. Spam their stupid binds all day desperately to get some dumbass to apply for staff so they can hit their quota.

Status
Not open for further replies.