What's new
  • You are currently not logged in! You will have to create an account or login in order to participate on our forums.

Military Map Development Thread [UPDATED 11/30/19]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was going to upload screenshots but in a recent test the area that would be shown just wasn't working as far as gameplay goes. I've made really good progress, and I'll share with you all as soon as I have something interesting to show you!

Nice work @Gale I have a question, it will be something special for Christmas, like a special event or the map snowed?

Thanks for all
I've always thought about seasonal events/map variants! I feel like that's a bridge I should cross when I get to it though. It's a huge maybe

I've made some good headway into the design outside of the indoor market on nearly all sides! Hopefully I'll have some stuff to post here in about two weeks time for you guys. Thanks for all of the support, it really means a lot <3

Damn gale that’s pretty nice. Do you have a ETA or is it to early for that
ETAs are likely to be inaccurate unless you're a seasoned professional, and even then there are a lot of things that could happen during development that I can't account for(Technical issues, loss/corruption of files, Things outside of work, etc.)
So I'd rather just keep you all updated. Once it starts to come together I will probably have a general idea of when it will be done.

Last edited:
To give everyone an Idea of the phase I'm at in development, I'm in the blockout stages. Minimal textures, models, and just enough detail to convey to idea so I'm not lost when I return to it. In blockout I'm working on map balance, timings, player/vehicle paths, testing ideas, and redoing them/adjusting them if those ideas don't work. After this stage, I will do something called an art pass, and that's the part where I make it look, "feel", and sound as good as I can manage without bogging down performance. Both take a lot of work because there is a lot of thought and care that have to go into it. I really appreciate the patience. I've been working on the map full time these past weeks, and I'll keep you all posted

Foxycreed

Doing Ya Mom
Silly question of the day:

Once we switch over (which is most probably happening) will our ranks be reset or we keeping them?

I know it's a silly question but it's been on my mind for like 10 seconds .

Mexeno

Turkish people r garbage

Once we switch over (which is most probably happening) will our ranks be reset or we keeping them?

Good one I think we probably won’t

I would say with 99% certainty we will be keeping our ranks because it wouldnt make sense to lose everything over a map change.

Hey man it looks great but I have 1 Question, Would we be able to have like a really really small easter egg of the old map? Just so we dont forget the fun ol times?
If not whatever, Again looks awesome! Keep it up man!

Status
Not open for further replies.