What's new
  • You are currently not logged in! You will have to create an account or login in order to participate on our forums.

Military Map Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Three - if it's possible, prevent base camping. I don't have any ideas but that would be nice to see
Doesn't seem like it would be too much of an issue because it's urban and kind of close quarters.

I do really agree with that idea, I also wish we could have civs with the same player model actually have jobs (like a darkrp server on here) but I know that's really difficult and not on your end.

Would be nice to see lots of roads an small alleys which could be used both for ambushes but also for convoys and things. So much potential and this urban map will be wild!!!

Thanks for all your work.

Dynamic environmental events (moving objects, light switches, destroyable doors etc.)
Hey Bent, I think we all would love to see that but I am afraid that would drop the framerate dramatically. There is no real need for it. If I am mistaken and that doesn't affect fps please correct me.
Cheers

Teddy Bear

Not inactive just proactive
It would be really cool if that giant crater could actually like blow up if they did any battles in that area but I know that would be tricky to do, like what I was thinking is along the lines of how battlefield 4 did it where there is a switch or button and it would create a big explosion there and use the animation that the jail does to have rubble fly everywhere.

I got some suggestions.
So make sure streets are wide enough to make convoys in just like how the US would do them.
Good spots to take cover for US, as well as for the insurgents to be able to ambush us from rooftops ect.
Make the map look more sandy.
Also I believe adding water would be amazing.

(btw, This map is looking great!)

The destroyable doors would add a cool feature and potential for some new whitelists/roleplay experiences. C4 would have a use to be able tp breach with, and we could add some classes meant tor breaching that have C4s

Great progress for like 2 years in DEV, how long did it take CWRP to get there new shit?
I just started work on the map again. It was on hiatus for a while because I had to do other projects for the other servers. Until recently, I was the only level designer for Icefuse, so if something needed done for another server, I had to be the one to do it. What you see there was done in around 8 hours. For CWRP, it must've taken a month or two. Not really sure.

Last edited:
The destroyable doors would add a cool feature and potential for some new whitelists/roleplay experiences. C4 would have a use to be able tp breach with, and we could add some classes meant tor breaching that have C4s
Yeah, That's the plan if it works out. Most buildings won't have closed doors to begin with, though. It's frustrating when you're running away from gunfire only to be stopped by a door that really doesn't need to be there. It helps keep combat flowing smoothly if I leave them open.

Last edited:
I got some suggestions.
So make sure streets are wide enough to make convoys in just like how the US would do them.
Good spots to take cover for US, as well as for the insurgents to be able to ambush us from rooftops ect.
Make the map look more sandy.
Also I believe adding water would be amazing.

(btw, This map is looking great!)
I'm going to be putting vehicle in on the next round of testing, we've already got you covered there.
Already planned! There will be plenty of cover, and I'm doing my best to make sure sniper positions, for instance, are powerful, but balanced.
I won't be making the map sandy except for where it makes sense! The map is located in Syria. I've got a lot of references of Damascus, Aleppo, and even areas outside of Syria like Mosul, and Dubai. Look at some images from those cities if you want to see what I'm going for!
Water will be added -somewhere- but I'm not there yet!

Last edited:
@Gale is a day/night time cycle a chance or any sort of weather cycles?
They'll be separate versions of the map, much like it is now. Lua Script based Day/night cycles in Gmod aren't nearly as nice looking, or well performing. I'll post screenshots later on for everyone!

Last edited:
Will this map be better optimized then the current one? The FPS for some of us with good setups is rubbish
There is a lot I can't help as far as FPS goes. My goal is to make sure I get at least 260 FPS in single player on average around the map. But once you add 128 players, a game mode, and a whole bunch of weapons firing, It's out of my control. However, since it's urban, the potential for optimization is actually higher. Source engine handles those much better.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.