What's new
  • You are currently not logged in! You will have to create an account or login in order to participate on our forums.

Military Map Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can see it in the distance in one of the screenshots, this is just another part of the map!
Ah ok because I do remember that from the first show off of this map.

I can add water, and plan to actually. I don't think it will take up a big portion of the map, though.
Doesn't really work with lore but honestly, water would be really lit and would allow for a whole new aspect of diving and/or other shit (have a diver job). Would be really awesome if it's big enough. Maybe do a canal or two so that it's an actual viable covert method of transportation (or do sewage, that could be awesome as well). Those would be legit SOCOM operations.

Ah ok because I do remember that from the first show off of this map.

Doesn't really work with lore but honestly, water would be really lit and would allow for a whole new aspect of diving and/or other shit (have a diver job). Would be really awesome if it's big enough.

What do ya think Navy SEALs are for

You should add tall houses or parking garages or whatnot with places for snipers to hide, like cracks and whatnot for them to see out over a cap point or a point of interest.

Hill

Commander of RP
SteamID64
Looks really good so far, I personally think that you should develop an undeground passage in one of the buildings into the other one. Not like the tunnels which are already in development but just a small tunnel between buildings to bamboozle the enemy when they're in a tense gunfight, or under a chase by the enemy and you need to make a quick exit.

Either way looks amazing so far, Thanks Gale!

First off Gale, your work in this map is absolutely flawless, It gives us more of an urban city warzone as it mostly is in Afghanistan. Here are a few suggestions I'd love for you to take into consideration:
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Suggestion 1 - A Road Checkpoint so United States forces can conduct legit checks upon local population coming through an area (maybe a greenzone) and check vehicles.

Suggestion 2 - little encampments or camps around the map the taliban/insurgents can use for holding hostages, resting, gathering munitions.

Suggestion 3 - An Embassy, having an embassy would be great to have civilians inside working and (possibly an idea going to Intel soon) to have foreign diplomats and that embassy can be protected by US Forces.

Suggestion 4 - Day/Night cycle would be absolutely amazing to have to increase the immersion for our players.

Suggestion 5 - For the American FOB personally as an MP I would love to have a full jail with bars, interrogation rooms, more than just 2 cells, and button controlled gates with a main security room that can open / close doors.

Suggestion 6 - For the American FOB probably a training or obstacle course for those who will be using it (Like SOCOM) to increase their fitness.

Suggestion 7 - Ability to shoot through doors, as you really are able to it would be amazing to have normal doors when clearing a building and having to breach doors

Suggestion 8 - For the American FOB maybe some barriers near the entrance of a possible AOS zone to keep more control of the area and increase our defences (I.E Sandbags, barbed wire etc..)

Suggestion 9 - Possibly a raised skybox for maybe in IFN's future AFSOC will get their boots off the ground.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Those are all the suggestions I have for now, If I get anymore I will be sure to post here, overall you have done an amazing job with the map so far and keep it up you are doing great!

One thing I was really looking forward to in an urban map is small holes in ruined buildings where a rocketeer can get a quick shot off and try to escape. I can see a few of these spots on the buildings, so will they be reachable? and would it be possible to add more cool little hiding spots?
Edit: Just wanted to add since other people have, could the INS faction have the tunnel system to use as I believe a lot of insurgent groups IRL use tunnels to get around without being seen.

Will this map be better optimized then the current one? The FPS for some of us with good setups is rubbish

1st off - please, create it with as much optimization You can, we need better FPS.
Second - make MP, BO and IBO spawn in different spot than others, preferably closer to defensive positions
Three - if it's possible, prevent base camping. I don't have any ideas but that would be nice to see
Four - make some secondary targets to go for after taking main point during raid
Five - Buildings like KH, DB and control rooms should be possible to lock by Officers
Six - Make it impossible to jump over walls next to front gate, make gate button work only for BO IBO MP and Officers if possible.
Seven - 2 gates? :thinking: Great RP potential and also another way to raid
Eight - more buildings? Lot more to clear before capturing point, maybe some tight alleys that Insurgents can do suprise attacks
Niner - We need some improvements to control room to make it more useful
Ten - more room with functions, like Medic room, officer offices or different KH?
Eleven - while making hills make sure people can't head glitch

All I have on my mind now, thank You for Your work, can't wait!
Cheers

Pup

raccoondance.mp4
maybe add some destroyed tanks and such to add a vibe

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.