What's new
  • You are currently not logged in! You will have to create an account or login in order to participate on our forums.

Military Map Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would there be a way AFSOC can actually do air ops like parachuting in or providing support from a helicopter? That would be pretty great.
Dont know if that would hit FPS too hard though

I'm glad we are getting updates on this new map after a year. Better late than never I suppose. Just I hope you don't have to take another year to finish this map.

I don't doubt him, i just wonder if he needs some help. It's a lot of work to do by a single hand, and i bet we've got some experienced map creators around to help out. As for not adding things, i guess that's reasonable, but i would still love to see more stuff added.
I will need help during and after the art phase for sure. There is no way I can polish up the map myself within a reasonable amount of time.

Last edited:
I'm glad we are getting updates on this new map after a year. Better late than never I suppose. Just I hope you don't have to take another year to finish this map.
Yeah sorry man. I wasn't working on the map for most of the year. More often than not we have one or two that need to get done quickly, so this map doesn't get worked on often when I'm pushing those out.

Last edited:
Would there be a way AFSOC can actually do air ops like parachuting in or providing support from a helicopter? That would be pretty great.
Don't know if that would hit FPS too hard though
Directly parachuting into the map would be a huge FPS tank because I would have to open the sky which doesn't allow me to optimize the way source handles it best. I could try teleporting the players to a box that makes it look like they're parachuting, and have them teleport back into the map. I'm not sure something like that will get into the map though.

Directly parachuting into the map would be a huge FPS tank because I would have to open the sky which doesn't allow me to optimize the way source handles it best. I could try teleporting the players to a box that makes it look like they're parachuting, and have them teleport back into the map. I'm not sure something like that will get into the map though.
that would be pretty cool. I just know that my fellow AFSOC members often talk about how we can never do anything in the air on the current map

Empurror

Muted
Quick suggestion, is to add sewers. It would allow people to traverse the map quickly and quietly. Also add an embassy. That is an amazing idea from earlier.

SteamID64
My suggestions for this map:
Big enough door in Debrief for more than 1-2 people to go through at once
Destructible area on US base wall and INS base wall that respawns after time (like the bridge on current map)
Multiple sim rooms like in clone wars server (not too many)
Branch logos above their respective barracks
Sniper tower (or high area in the base) like on the original desert night map
Debrief and US Recruit Room in seperate areas

My suggestions for this map:
Big enough door in Debrief for more than 1-2 people to go through at once
Destructible area on US base wall and INS base wall that respawns after time (like the bridge on current map)
Multiple sim rooms like in clone wars server (not too many)
Branch logos above their respective barracks
Sniper tower (or high area in the base) like on the original desert night map
Debrief and US Recruit Room in seperate areas
Thanks, I'll take this all into account! I'm actually designing the US base on paper now. I'll keep you guys posted!

Oh hell yas!!!! This would add so much more to the map and that would be amazing!!! I can't wait for this to happen :D

Hill

Commander of RP
SteamID64
Suggestion: If able or if its already there, can you add some rooftop areas with balconies below, I think it'd help SOCOM Breaching buildings etc and Snipers out a bit

A few ideas for you:
1. Water, next to the US base, with some sort of water based Vehicle for US Navy to utilize.
2. A Medical Infirmary in the US Base for Base Ops Doctors, or any medics for MedRP.
3. A DB in US Base that can't be shot with an RPG THE SECOND IT IS CALLED.

Other than that, the Map looks great.
More Oklahomas headin your way!

SteamID64
Thanks, I'll take this all into account! I'm actually designing the US base on paper now. I'll keep you guys posted!
Thanks for your hard work Gale, we really appreciate it! Please don't overwhelm yourself though.

Status
Not open for further replies.