What's new
  • You are currently not logged in! You will have to create an account or login in order to participate on our forums.

IFN Community Discord

I guess staff is trying to see if Discord can handle the amount of people we have in the community before maybe they switch from TS. I am not saying it's definite but in my opinion that is what it looks like.
Discord won’t support a community this large very well. TeamSpeak is just easier.

no thats never happening
Teamspeak is better, for our type of community you cant have 200 voice channels on discord like you can on Teamspeak. you also can install plugins, like information and mass mover that staff uses a lot for many reasons. Teamspeak is also just much easier to manage when it comes to voice communications. As well as that Teamspeak has less delay and better voice quality, as well it's more stable connectivity wise. We also use Red Channels and use them for a reason and TeamSpeak does not allow that functionality, and we also use TeamSpeak to confirm staff identity, much easier than doing it through discord. Finally but not least discord is easily exploitable with self bots, and many channels get banned for no reason other than getting mass reported, and that would kill the community if the main form of communication got removed. Not everyone would check the forms to see where it was, and they could lose many members. TeamSpeak > Discord in every way for a community such as icefuse, as well as that doing Guest Service interviews would be very inconvenient on discord compared to Teamspeak.

Teamspeak is better, for our type of community you cant have 200 voice channels on discord like you can on Teamspeak. you also can install plugins, like information and mass mover that staff uses a lot for many reasons. Teamspeak is also just much easier to manage when it comes to voice communications. As well as that Teamspeak has less delay and better voice quality, as well it's more stable connectivity wise. We also use Red Channels and use them for a reason and TeamSpeak does not allow that functionality, and we also use TeamSpeak to confirm staff identity, much easier than doing it through discord. Finally but not least discord is easily exploitable with self bots, and many channels get banned for no reason other than getting mass reported, and that would kill the community if the main form of communication got removed. Not everyone would check the forms to see where it was, and they could lose many members. TeamSpeak > Discord in every way for a community such as icefuse, as well as that doing Guest Service interviews would be very inconvenient on discord compared to Teamspeak.
Did you think i was agreeing with him? i said no to swapping to discord i think team speak is better?