What's new
  • You are currently not logged in! You will have to create an account or login in order to participate on our forums.

Forum Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I welcome all of you to our new and improved website / forums. This has been a work in progress for a while now, and will be for the next couple of months. For starters, we have upgraded to XenForo 2.0.9 as compared to our old version 1.X. As some of you old-timers remember, we have switched back to a dark theme that will be configured and customized over the next couple of months. The current Forum design is temporary and will be updated. The general look we are going for is a dark, simplistic theme.

All user information such as post count, rating count, account creation date has been wiped as we transferred to an entirely new machine. The website overall, not just the forums, will be going through major changes within the next couple of months and is nowhere completed as of now. If any of you discover a major bug, please bring it up to me and it will be fixed.

Update 7/29 - The staff application section will now house a "Create Staff Application" form. It will work like the store support ticket / credit request (if you've ever filled those out) except just for staff applications now. Any recruitment team members / HA's are encouraged to use this rather than the templates for this week only. This week will be a test run to see if the forms are preferred over copying and pasting a template for an application. Note that you aren't forced to use this form but for trial purposes it is encouraged.

Update 7/29 - Avatars are now square and default forum profile pictures are a nice looking Icefuse logo :)

Thanks,

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont believe this is the final product so Im willing to change my mind but my initial thoughts is that I dont like the green in the aesthetics and while I like some things like more functionality to emotes, faster speed, and Media URLs, I dont like that we have lost the ability to change fonts, rate anything other than ‘Like’ (what is this, facebook?), and I cant put picture files on here, I instead can only upload URL pictures which can be a pain in the ass.

Last edited:
To re-emphasize, the current design is completely temporary. We will gradually work to implement things like a custom theme, better and more ratings, etc. The main purpose of this change was for performance and generally updating what we use.
Can we get a place for the Intel Team ? As in maybe adding in a suggestion box :(

To re-emphasize, the current design is completely temporary. We will gradually work to implement things like a custom theme, better and more ratings, etc. The main purpose of this change was for performance and generally updating what we use.
If youre refering to me, thats why I stated that this is obviously not the final product and Im willing to change my mind

Status
Not open for further replies.