What's new
  • You are currently not logged in! You will have to create an account or login in order to participate on our forums.

A New Server Preview - Star Wars : Battlefront

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knuckles

Soundboard Connoisseur
Thanks for the insight, oh great sage.

Why are you booing him? He's right. Maybe not to the extent that it kills those servers (doubt it, that's an extreme stretch), but it will definitely hurt. It will especially slam into the already existing Star Wars based servers considering we literally already have 3 of them (CW, JvS, IRP). Hell, IRP and JvS may be hurt the most. AND THIS WAS JVS TO BEGIN WITH! The last thing IFN needs at this point is a fourth Star Wars server

Server is going to fail miserably. What i don't get is why does icefuse like to keep doing universe? It simply does not work...

Make a complete different server that isn't starwars related, or a complete different game.

can you read? read the other pages ffs
no, i cannot
have you not heard? no one in the gmod community can read! we spend all of our time behind a computer screen pretending we are a role we have no business being! for example, i pretended i was yoda for almost 3 months, and you, by what i can gather, pretended you were a pedophile in darkrp!

Dirt

Update?
Web Developer
Why are you booing him? He's right. Maybe not to the extent that it kills those servers (doubt it, that's an extreme stretch), but it will definitely hurt. It will especially slam into the already existing Star Wars based servers considering we literally already have 3 of them (CW, JvS, IRP). Hell, IRP and JvS may be hurt the most. AND THIS WAS JVS TO BEGIN WITH! The last thing IFN needs at this point is a fourth Star Wars server

Not booing. Naysaying any effort to create a new server on the basis of the game dying, which is statistically accurate, doesn't mean that we should halt all work on a new project. We've known Gmod is a declining game. Everyone knows that. But we're attempting to diversify our content because we feel like there may be interest in it.

People keep calling it Universe and we aren't even trying to emulate that server.

The concept is Star Wars Based PvP, specifically Blaster Combat. That is the priority. Whatever extra features are on the server are pretty much up in the air.

But we're attempting to diversify our content because we feel like there may be interest in it.
Dirt, you're making a fourth Star Wars server.

If you really wanted to diversify your content we'd see something like HaloRP, Arma, FiveM, Medieval RP, Hogwarts RP or something else.

Not a fourth Star Wars server.

Dirt

Update?
Web Developer
Dirt, you're making a fourth Star Wars server.

If you really wanted to diversify your content we'd see something like HaloRP, Arma, FiveM, Medieval RP, Hogwarts RP or something else.

Not a fourth Star Wars server.

HaloRP has no interest, man.
Only server that even keeps players is Revival.
It's a niche section.

So are we going to have AT-AT on Hoth and shit like that? I just wanna ride some huge vehicles and blow shit up

Ollson

☠☠☠
Not booing. Naysaying any effort to create a new server on the basis of the game dying, which is statistically accurate, doesn't mean that we should halt all work on a new project. We've known Gmod is a declining game. Everyone knows that. But we're attempting to diversify our content because we feel like there may be interest in it.

People keep calling it Universe and we aren't even trying to emulate that server.

The concept is Star Wars Based PvP, specifically Blaster Combat. That is the priority. Whatever extra features are on the server are pretty much up in the air.
Was there never any talk of another MRP server? There is a multitude of possibilities.

NATO vs INS [PVP]
NATO [RP / PvE]
US vs Russia [PVP]
UK vs INS [PVP]
WW2 [RP / PvE]
WW2 Allies v Axis [PVP]

I feel 4 Star Wars servers seems a bit overkill, considering MRP seems to be somewhat more successful than the other servers (correct me if I'm wrong)

Dirt

Update?
Web Developer
Was there never any talk of another MRP server? There is a multitude of possibilities.

NATO vs INS [PVP]
NATO [RP]
US vs Russia [PVP]
UK vs INS [PVP]

I feel 4 Star Wars servers seems a bit overkill, considering MRP seems to be somewhat more successful than the other servers (correct me if I'm wrong)

It's a possibility, but I'd be pretty skeptical.

I think there more risk of killing MRP (particularly the INS side) if we migrated to a US v RU layout on a second server.

The PVP would be more balanced, a lot possibilities RP wise, and the obligatory Cyka Blyat memes. It's not the WORST idea.

This next part is based off my memory and some opinion, so take it with a grain of salt.
And as far as "success" goes, MRP statistically does better on sites like GameTracker and you have more raw numbers in affairs teams. But I don't think that makes your more "successful" than any other servers.

Note: at work on mobile so typing is scuffed. Don't mind me.

@Tea half of those are just different games and would probably be a lot harder for Icefuse to intergrate and the others like medival and hogwarts are a lot more niche and very easy to fail. Star Wars is one of the top rp category’s and most of the community was based on star wars server. Military is great and all but is the really that big of a presence for mrp as there is for Swrp

Status
Not open for further replies.