What's new
  • You are currently not logged in! You will have to create an account or login in order to participate on our forums.

Infrastructure Changelog

Status
Not open for further replies.
Changelogs - September 19, 2020 - Part I
  • Additions to Forum Navigation Bar (i.e. Servers, Rules, Community Links and Resources)
  • Theme modifications were made in addition to new backgrounds within Icefuse Classic theme.
  • Modifications to node permissions were made allowing guests (users not logged in) to see forum activity, encouraging registration.
  • Old/deprecated/EOL themes have been removed completely.

Changelogs - September 20, 2020
  • System Account (@Icefuse Networks) was created to handle upcoming changes and implementations to certain forms.
  • Multi-quote feature was enabled for threads, allowing users to quote multiple responses without using unconventional methods.
  • Modifications to certain Search Engine Optimization ("SEO") features were made to encourage crawling and discoverability.
  • Miscellaneous board settings were reviewed and modified as sought appropriate.

Changelogs - September 26, 2020
  • Pre-existing post reactions have been updated to cleaner/less-pixelated images.
  • Rewards for activity have been introduced:
    • At 250 posts, a user will unlock the ability to use a new set of post reactions.
    • At 500 posts, a user will unlock the ability to use forum signatures.
    • At 1000 posts, a user will unlock the ability to set a custom title. (i.e. Mine is "Try-Ax not Tree-Ax" above my rank banner.)
    • An account that is One Year Old will be awarded a new rank banner.
    • An account that is Two Years Old will be awarded a new rank banner.
    • An account that is Three Years Old will be awarded a new rank banner.

• Removed usergroups ("tags") related to year milestones. After further consideration it does not make sense to have these milestones due to old forum data from XenForo 1 which was not transferred. Many legacy members of the community have been here for more than three years, and this system would not accurately reflect their commitments. During planned maintenance tomorrow, an alternative solution may be implemented.

• Users who meet the criteria to unlock forum signatures are now able to add images, links and other media to their forum signatures. User profiles, to include their avatar, signature, custom title, and other available fields must comply with network policy and forum rules. Users in violation of this policy will face administrative penalties.

Changelogs - September 27, 2020 to September 29, 2020
  • A full wipe of forum permissions occurred allowing for a much needed restructuring of how we calculate forum permissions per node and per usergroup. Permissions will now be easier to manage administratively and come at less cost of time in the long run.
  • Individual usergroups were created for each rank within a Server Leadership team (i.e. HA, SL, DVL.) per server. This allows for greater restriction to prevent malicious acts from happening on a grander scale should an individual choose to abuse their given permissions.
    • It's like I learned in a class in high school.. Protection.. Protection.. Protection..
      • I'm referring to boxing class obviously, sheesh..
  • Individual usergroups were created as a base rank for Staff Members for each server (i.e. CityRP Staff, Military Staff, etc). This assists us in introducing content that is specifically meant for one staff team and not the other (i.e. server specific policies and procedures).
  • A new Staff-only node was created to house documents and other relevant material. The goal in mind is to reduce the need for Google Documents or other third-party resources.
    • This node is still undergoing minor development and some changes will occur over the next several weeks. Stay tuned.
  • Multiple other administrative tasks were conducted to enhance forum performance and user experience.

Changelogs - September 30, 2020
  • Our XenForo software was upgraded to the latest stable release: v2.2.0
    • This upgrade changed many, many templates used by our themes (i.e. "Icefuse Classic", and "Icefuse Modern") which resulted in our themes breaking after the upgrade was completed. An update to our themes was released and was uploaded to the board.
    • With this latest software upgrade you'll notice changes to the user experience.
The "Icefuse Modern" theme has been disabled for the time being as we aim to provide one universal style. It's much easier to maintain one theme, versus updating dozens of other files each time you want to make a universal change to the user experience. With this update to both the forum software and our theme I expect there to be issues. Please remain patient with us while we attempt to discover any possible complications from the upgrade.

Changelogs - September 30, 2020 - Part II
  • Users can now change their username without filing a username change request form. This is now a native feature in XenForo and has been enabled for all users with the following rules:
    • A username must wait sixty (60) days after changing their username in order to change their username again.
    • A username that was recently discarded may not be used for a period of thirty (30) days. After thirty (30) days the username will become available for use.
    • Username history for each user will be publicly available for a period not to exceed one hundred eighty (180) days.
If you are interested in changing your name, visit the "Account details" section of your user control panel, or click here to be redirected.

REVERTED: The threads per page value has been reset to 20.

Changelogs - October 2, 2020
  • Tech Support has received an update. Users may now vote on the post which contains the best answer to a user's tech support request.
  • Public Personnel Department nodes have been refreshed and threads have been moved to their appropriate new sections.
    • Shoutout to our amazing Forum Moderation Team for moving thousands of threads within just an hour's work.
  • Server Leadership ranks now have full moderation abilities in their respective public and private server nodes.

Changelogs - October 4, 2020
  • Changes were made to custom user profile fields:
    • SteamID was added to allow for users to input their SteamID. This will aid users in pre-filling fields asking for their SteamID on certain forms. When a SteamID is added, a user may click on the SteamID from a forum profile and it will automatically direct them to their SteamID.IOweb conversion page.
      • The SteamID field is now enforced through a Regular Expression, meaning it will verify the SteamID is valid before saving.
    • Steam Profile Link was modified to enforce an actual Steam Profile Link through the use of a Regular Expression. The field will support both default and custom Steam Profile url's.
    • Discord Handle was modified to enforce an actual Discord Handle through the use of a Regular Expression. The field will require both the username and four-digit discriminator (i.e. Icefuse#1234) in order to save.
  • The new user registration form was updated to accompany these changes. A SteamID will be required for new user registration.
Looking to update your information? Click here to be redirected to your Account Details page.

1601801411313.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Changelogs - October 7, 2020
  • The following forms were updated to accompany the use of Custom User Fields (i.e. SteamID):
    • Staff Promotion Request
    • Staff Transfer Request
    • Administrative Report (Staff Report)
    • HR Report Submission Form
    • Staff Forum Rank Request (All 7 Forms)
    • Ban Appeals (All 7 Server Forms)

Last edited by a moderator:
Changelogs - October 8, 2020 (Part II)
  • The Forum Rules were updated in regards to the use of Forum Custom Titles.
[Forum Custom Titles]
  • Forum custom titles must be appropriate for all audiences.
  • Forum custom titles shall not appear unsightly or violate any aforementioned rule or policy.
  • Forum custom titles shall not contain any hyperlinks.
  • Forum custom titles shall not exceed one (1) line. Multi-line titles are prohibited.

Changelogs - October 15, 2020
  • Additional new usergroups were created in preparation for the release of the new Affairs Documents section of the forums.
  • Reconfigured the Member List, which can be accessible by clicking here, to allow for the sorting of Personnel, Affairs and Infrastructure Teams.
  • Top Posters module has been adjusted to remove anyone who is an Executive, Billing Support, Muted or Banned.
  • Top Problem Solvers module has been introduced to encourage solution-based replies in Technical Support and future node implementations.

Status
Not open for further replies.