What's new
  • You are currently not logged in! You will have to create an account or login in order to participate on our forums.

Global Meeting [06/17/2022]

Danj

The Quintessential Gamer
With the addition of removing Admin senates, the ability for people to express their opinions on changes they'll have to handle will now only increase. That was sarcasm if you didn't know.

In reality I would love to see you guys (The executive team) actually stick to your changes, can I expect a reintroduction to these senates in a few months time. Alongside the Discord Moderation team and Mandate Recruitment quota? Maybe stating you're going to update a server before putting them into maintenance a few weeks later like the last 4 times you've done that. It's all cool though we all see what you're doing.

JR

Money is the motivation
Network Supervisor
SteamID64
With the addition of removing Admin senates, the ability for people to express their opinions on changes they'll have to handle will now only increase. That was sarcasm if you didn't know.

In reality I would love to see you guys (The executive team) actually stick to your changes, can I expect a reintroduction to these senates in a few months time. Alongside the Discord Moderation team and Mandate Recruitment quota? Maybe stating you're going to update a server before putting them into maintenance a few weeks later like the last 4 times you've done that. It's all cool though we all see what you're doing.
You're bored

Swifty

Muted
Banned

i just agree with development, almost every company or server at least says whats going to change or whats getting added, i think there should def be more developers especially for a company this size but other than that i dont think executives can control anything u said in reality

Danj

The Quintessential Gamer
i just agree with development, almost every company or server at least says whats going to change or whats getting added, i think there should def be more developers especially for a company this size but other than that i dont think executives can control anything u said in reality
Then it really does sound like Executives have no real role on this network outside the Directors. Which is funny considering there's a dozen of them.

Savage

💎 Undisputed
IRP Head Admin
Game Master Lead
Forum Moderator
TeamSpeak Moderator

The Admin senate was brought back as a trial to see if we could improve it from previous renditions but turned out to be another flawed system that had more negatives. The discord moderation team got brought back once when the discord was becoming a globalized thing when we were again, testing the swap from TeamSpeak to discord.

People complain if change is attempted, people complain if it isn't.

Danj

The Quintessential Gamer
The Admin senate was brought back as a trial to see if we could improve it from previous renditions but turned out to be another flawed system that had more negatives. The discord moderation team got brought back once when the discord was becoming a globalized thing when we were again, testing the swap from TeamSpeak to discord.

People complain if change is attempted, people complain if it isn't.
There's really no pleasing anyone and I'm not implying there's any '1 solution suites all'. I just don't see how removing the ability for Staff teams to have a vote on changes on a server they're going to handle first hand is seen as a flawed system. It seems like a great idea that just needs the time and effort to make it work, it seems from what I've discussed with members of current Staff teams that the version that was brought back was no different that the version in 2019.

There's always been an issue with communication across the COC, whether this is in relation to Server Leadership or Network Supervisors/Directors. They'll ponder why staff morale is low and their staff counts are down whilst happily ditching systems that are really there to give them a voice and a line of communication. I've seen better communication at my job and that's a job I'm paid to be there, this is a hobby and a distraction for these people because they generally care about the server (far more than I care for my workplace). If Admin Senates don't work, fair enough. But ditching the idea of letting Staff Members not have a say on matters and leaving it solely to Server Leadership and Network Overseers. As someone who's spent a long time as Server Leadership, its a bad idea to give them all the say on changes. They don't know first hand what it's like and I hope yourself and the team can work towards a better system.