What's new
  • You are currently not logged in! You will have to create an account or login in order to participate on our forums.

DarkRP Mining System

Brooks

Previous HA
There is a built-in system that will protect you from taking damage while you're mining, even if you're out of hunger.
So basically take the fun out of it? seems pretty un-thrilling if you ask me, I and many others would enjoy the trill of maybe being killed and having to watch for people stealin' the stuff we've collected. I know DarkRP is fiction but removing the ability to die from hunger in that area, seems pretty "dumb" in my opinion.

Yes big brain move, am smart. On the other hand the rest of the update is a good one, good changes we're made.

Rud

Ends justify the means
So basically take the fun out of it? seems pretty un-thrilling if you ask me, I and many others would enjoy the trill of maybe being killed and having to watch for people stealin' the stuff we've collected. I know DarkRP is fiction but removing the ability to die from hunger in that area, seems pretty "dumb" in my opinion.

Yes big brain move, am smart. On the other hand the rest of the update is a good one, good changes we're made.
It's pretty apparent from this post that you haven't even played the server. The only way you can mine is with the miner job, and everything you collect is stored in your personal ore inventory so it can't be stolen. One of the main points of the system is so people can AFK mine overnight and craft their weapons or sell their stuff the next day.

Itd be cool to add something like this to JvS where you could build your hilts or something, very cool though!

Arbiter

God left me unfinished
It's pretty apparent from this post that you haven't even played the server. The only way you can mine is with the miner job, and everything you collect is stored in your personal ore inventory so it can't be stolen. One of the main points of the system is so people can AFK mine overnight and craft their weapons or sell their stuff the next day.
Relying on a practically dead playerbase to keep the server "running" in itself just isn't a good idea. If an established network like Icefuse relies on AFK tactics to keep their players on to get more population is only going to lead to more AFK players, and a dead server with people in it.

TBH I want less gimmicks and some roles that can be played. When im playing on the server there is no interaction cause people are just afking in their bases or mining. Add jobs that are fun.

TBH I want less gimmicks and some roles that can be played. When im playing on the server there is no interaction cause people are just afking in their bases or mining. Add jobs that are fun.
yea I miss when u would walk down the street by pd and get killed every 5 seconds bc of cross fire or mrdm lmao now u go down there and theres like 1 person

Fear

Started from city now we’re here.
SteamID64
Are we suppose to keep ores after log out? Because I haven't

Ollson

☠☠☠
To this day I don't understand the appeal of DarkRP. AFK mining, what's the point of being on the server if you're not even playing?