What's new
  • You are currently not logged in! You will have to create an account or login in order to participate on our forums.

Concerning Staff Comment Forms

Status
Not open for further replies.
I meannn that’s your HA team, we only have 10 comments needed but y’all also have over 100 staff, and it’s only about 3 sentences minimum, anywhere between 4 - 6 is golden.
It is littarly impossible to know a full fucking essay about 100 people i dont know about you but im not watching how people are doing in every aspect of their entire life to know that about people and over 100 people would require you not to sleep and play on ever time zone and watch them like a stalker i tend not to focus on people i dont know and focus more on rp but cant comment on that you want 500 words per comment or 5000 in total i dont do that for school im not doing it for a charity so that the HA team can maybe look at the comments and even if they do probly not gonna be an effect i agree with @Elias in this situation want more detail lower the quota or start giving incentives for comments maybe best comments of the week or most comments of the week with a reward in credits like ever other staff thing

It is littarly impossible to know a full fucking essay about 100 people i dont know about you but im not watching how people are doing in every aspect of their entire life to know that about people and over 100 people would require you not to sleep and play on ever time zone and watch them like a stalker i tend not to focus on people i dont know and focus more on rp but cant comment on that you want 500 words per comment or 5000 in total i dont do that for school im not doing it for a charity so that the HA team can maybe look at the comments and even if they do probly not gonna be an effect i agree with @Elias in this situation want more detail lower the quota or start giving incentives for comments maybe best comments of the week or most comments of the week with a reward in credits like ever other staff thing

This comment is a hard exaggeration of the truth. The first point I want to address is the incentive part. If you don’t want to make comments to voice your opinion on promotions and such that is kind of sad to still be a staff member not willing to help out. Also, staff of the week plays in a lot about the quality of someone’s comments, so try and push for that award.

The next thing I want to address is how it takes up too much time when it really doesn’t. I can type 90 words per minute and get 10 staff comments done in 30 minutes that have at least 3 paragraphs with 4-6 sentences on each. Also it also feels like a lot when you cram your comments into the last day when you have to do them. Here is a tip: try and spread them out throughout the week and it will feel like less work.

Kind Regards,
Slick​

I never said anything about writing staff comments on 100 people? I was referring to how Elias said his comment quota was 20 because clone wars has over 100 staff.

I never said anything about writing staff comments on 100 people? I was referring to how Elias said his comment quota was 20 because clone wars has over 100 staff.
i wasnt saying commenting on 100 my point was it is not possible to know that much about 100 people or even 30 people and if you dont devote your life to the server than it can be hard to know that much about 10 the point is that the 100 person number is just a bit irrelavant when you cant fill out a comment on all of them staff team of 1000 or 50 has no real effect on comments at that point and not really important its actually easier with less because you can watch better

i wasnt saying commenting on 100 my point was it is not possible to know that much about 100 people or even 30 people and if you dont devote your life to the server than it can be hard to know that much about 10 the point is that the 100 person number is just a bit irrelavant when you cant fill out a comment on all of them staff team of 1000 or 50 has no real effect on comments at that point and not really important its actually easier with less because you can watch better
I agree with you I mean we signed up to help out the server with things not write a essay on why someone should be promoted it just consumes to much time even for admin+ when they have to recruit,do events,mentor and do other things and having to write like an essay on why someone should get promoted is just to time consuming.

I agree with you I mean we signed up to help out the server with things not write a essay on why someone should be promoted it just consumes to much time even for admin+ when they have to recruit,do events,mentor and do other things and having to write like an essay on why someone should get promoted is just to time consuming.
Isnt giving feedback on other staff members helping the server too? You get a voice on promotions to get people in the right positions so they can help too, It's not just an essay for someone to get promoted. Comments can be for people not doing enough, people deserving demotions, people not deserving their positions and so much more that you can put in there.

Healings

Minecraft Extraordinaire
Can I just use double spacing and larger fonts to make it look longer like I do for school essays?

Jidax

Time
It's apparent that people have not understood what the point of this post is. The post is to inform all staff members that you need to be descriptive and informative in your comments. If you need 1 sentence or 10 sentences to provide a descriptive and informative comment then so be it. People have put more thought into how long the comment is rather then how informative the comment is. If you guys need incentives for doing comments then you need to re evaluate why you are even in the staff team. We just want you guys to put more effort than a simple "He is a good staff members and he should be promoted." This doesn't help and if you approach it with a negative attitude then of course your gonna feel like its meaningless and not worth it. With some of your comments some of you guys have shown that you are being lazy. It is part of you job from Smod-EA to write out comments on your fellow staff members. We are here to improve the staff teams and make sure everyone is getting their opinions heard. If you don't care about the staff team or "give two shits" then resign. There is no point of you being in the staff team with this type of mentality and you can negatively impact other people with this type of mindset. You guys are here to help make positive improvements in our staff members/teams and if you can't be bothered to do that then you are in it for all the wrong reasons.

This thread will be closed. Any further questions or concerns feel free to PM me on the Forums, Teamspeak, or Steam. Thank you for providing feedback on this situation it is greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.