What's new
  • You are currently not logged in! You will have to create an account or login in order to participate on our forums.

New steam name requirements.

To peeps asking for the reasoning: marketing.

Yes, you are a walking advertisement with it in your name. There's no real reason, no problems with the last format. They just ditched the necessity of identifying players' staff rank and affiliation to Icefuse on their Steam name.

This is similar to what other popular source games do by adding stuff such as marketplace tf and scrap tf. This is specifically used when a certain feature is unlocked by having it in your name which is why now a reward program will be added along with it.

kjoel8

Muted
To peeps asking for the reasoning: marketing.

Yes, you are a walking advertisement with it in your name. There's no real reason, no problems with the last format. They just ditched the necessity of identifying players' staff rank and affiliation to Icefuse on their Steam name.

This is similar to what other popular source games do by adding stuff such as marketplace tf and scrap tf. This is specifically used when a certain feature is unlocked by having it in your name which is why now a reward program will be added along with it.
ok

Damn, I leave staff for 1 week and all these changes start happening? We all know correlation equals causation so I'd like to thank myself for these changes.

The issue I can see with this is: what if a staff member from another server, such as clone wars, came onto darkrp and broke some rules. if icefuse is planning on rewarding members for having IFN.GG in their name then staff members and normal players would have similar names and it would be pretty easy to bypass all punishments. I know when I was an HA it was pretty easy to find which server they came from and get them punished if they had the [IFN] NAME [RANK] system .

Dirt

Update?
Web Developer
The issue I can see with this is: what if a staff member from another server, such as clone wars, came onto darkrp and broke some rules. if icefuse is planning on rewarding members for having IFN.GG in their name then staff members and normal players would have similar names and it would be pretty easy to bypass all punishments. I know when I was an HA it was pretty easy to find which server they came from and get them punished if they had the [IFN] NAME [RANK] system .

You can get their steamID and literally put it in the forums and see where they applied to, or put it in the HA Discord where any of the HA's can verify it.