What's new
  • You are currently not logged in! You will have to create an account or login in order to participate on our forums.

Community Poll on Infrastructure Teams

Should all three Infrastructure teams be merged into one global team?

• Yes, I agree with merging the teams.

Votes: 57 31.8%
  • No, I do not agree with merging the teams.

Votes: 122 68.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MrBean

Mentor shall live on 🦕🦖
Banned
-1 I don’t agree with this because some people are more active on other platforms under infrastructure. Someone may wanna just help out on the forums and not have to worry about being on TeamSpeak and helping there. This would be a lot on the current people in the teams because they may only be a part of one team now they have to be far more active across all the platforms they’re expected monitor. From my personal experience I enjoyed being a part forum mod team over any other one and didn’t feel like joining other teams was a necessity to help more than I was. Lastly that’s a lot of permissions to introduce to someone at once, it should ultimately be the choice of the person joining where they feel they could help strongest at. But we’ll never fully know unless this was put in a test phase with select people who apply and see how they uphold with monitoring 3 platforms used here.

Triax

Try-Ax not Tree-Ax
Banned
-1 for this reason.
As someone in all three teams, there are very different dynamics and honestly appeal to each team. Just because Snazzy is in all of them doesn't mean everyone who wants to test the infrastructure waters would want to be. I think in the end this would be certified not cash money.
Tag whore. Almost as bad as @Bobby.

-1 Going to have to disagree along with a lot of the people that have reacted to this. I feel like the idea seems smart and could possibly work, but it is a lot of work and responsibility for people to have all at once. For those already in a certain team that they enjoy, such as a Discord Mod who doesn't really like being on the forums a lot, it might make them want to leave the team due to all the new responsibilities that they are thrown. The suggestion is made with good intentions and would streamline the infrastructure team as a whole; however, I believe that the negatives outweigh the positives that this change could bring.

Horsey

Banned
-1 You would have to either kick some people out of the infra teams now. Or it will be 100x harder for other individiuals in the future to enter the infra teams.

Learning all punishments, scenarios, etc could also be VERY stressful.

Fluix J. Rockefeller

The Original Rockefeller

The teams serve separate functions and some may not enjoy specific aspects of the duties of a global team.

I for one was never a fan of moderating the discord.

I always loved the forums, and made it up to my most prized rank Head Forum Moderator.

Speaking on my experience from that time, I would've despised doing discord moderation and would've done poorly at it and wouldn't force it upon those who didn't want it.

That being said, make the team global just give people a chance to volunteer for their part instead of doing all of the duties. Require 2 of 3 of team members to split workload. Just an idea.

My honest feedback,
love u triax

-1 I'm gonna go with a -1 for a complete merge, but I think it could be a good idea to have a merged team that EA+ or something could join to speed up the process if they knew they wanted to be in all 3, but as others have said it would basically require denying many more applicants than Infra already does, which is most of the people that apply anyways and could result is basically no mods for TS for example.

Mag

Imagine
SteamID64
I do not agree with merging the teams and the biggest reason is quite frankly most people don't want to moderate all three.

Not everyone uses our community discord, not everyone who applies for TeamSpeak mod wants to constantly post on the forums. If you're going to globalize it people currently in infrastructure would just stick to their pre-existing platforms.

If you're forcing someone to moderate everything, a majority of them aren't going to want to, that's why they haven't applied to the other teams, and if you make it to where someone can "focus" on a certain platform, then what's the point in merging the teams in the first place?

Also, probably gonna have to have the scuffed 3-manager trio for the first bit or cuck some of the pre-existing managers, unless we overhall about 98% of the teams, score system, how each rank works, entire process in this merge.
Going to agree with Savage.

Pharix

Mumbling Brit
SteamID64
I still disagree with this to this day, it adds more onto a staff members duties and could burn them flat out if they are in the other teams like recruitment or and such. Not really needed and everyone has their expertise in different platforms.

Ultimately will be a positive change long run. Cross training will allow the infrastructure team to have greater capability to handle community related issues.

My only concern is the productivity structure. Without leaking too much of my infrastructure team, it seems like a chore almost to monitor and scalp for prod and less about making the community a safer/better place.
If this is truly an issue than maybe merging teams would be a good idea, so that people aren't sitting with their eyes tacked open on one platform all day trying to get prod. That being said I am hesitant to +1, as this would be a big change. The only way I would truly agree is if it was given some sort of trial run for a few weeks where we can see how much of a positive impact it has vs a negative impact. Without some sort of test this is just peoples perspectives and opinions which don't amount to much in terms of real data and visible proof or disproof of an idea.

Shu

Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey Stuff
SteamID64
-1 It wouldn’t make sense to merge them if people are applying to specific areas of the network to moderate, not everyone wants to moderate everything at the same time. People should be able to choose this on their own

Schmoopy The Guy

The Chief Based Guy
-1 not everyone cares about every infrastructure area.

For example, I would love to be a TS Mod but I couldn't care less about the IFN discord

A lot of people do not share the same interest for all teams. I enjoy being a TeamSpeak moderator because I spend a lot of time on TeamSpeak. Having to force someone to be a TS, Forum or Discord moderator will only stress people out and have them lose interest in the job. The way it is right now is working fine. Do not change something that isn't broken.

Vizii

Член Совета Адониса.
I mean, I can see the ideals and how this could technically "improve" simplicity but in my opinion I feel that most people that join any sort of mod team, They want to apply for the team that they are most active on. Like myself, Applying for forum mod because I am most active on the forums and I'm sure others are the same. Granted, Some apply to gain future experience I just don't see people applying for all three positions that frequently to think that all infrastructure members want to manage on all three platforms. going to be a -1 from me.

I have a lot of different feelings about this. For the most part I think "merging" the teams might not be the best way to handle this. Personally, being on the discord team, if there was a process to get permissions for another team other than the application and such just to help out I think that would be a great addition. As previously mentioned by some, people on their current teams might feel demotivated to branching out since they enjoy the one they are on now. I get this point of view, but there are definitely some people who want to branch out. Most of the time they will just apply for the other ones, but people like me haven't gotten around to it yet. TLDR: Don't merge, but make some sort of process to where current infra members can help out the other teams and possibly be on the others without going through the application process. hot take and open to discussion

Savage

💎 Undisputed
IRP Elite Admin
Forum Moderator
TeamSpeak Moderator
TLDR: Don't merge, but make some sort of process to where current infra members can help out the other teams and possibly be on the others without going through the application process.
In the past, people have been given the opportunity to skip the application process and go straight to interview if they were like a former manager, although we kinda stopped doing that.

-1 It wouldn’t make sense to merge them if people are applying to specific areas of the network to moderate, not everyone wants to moderate everything at the same time. People should be able to choose this on their own

The only thing with this argument(which is the one multiple people have been making in this thread) is that I think people are maybe looking at it from the wrong angle. Maybe I am just misunderstanding but it seems less like people are being "forced" into moderating on multiple platforms but they now have the "ability" to do so. I am sure that if this global team were made TS mods would mostly stick to TS and discord mods to disc ect. but now people will be more flexible and can jump around when needed.