What's new
  • You are currently not logged in! You will have to create an account or login in order to participate on our forums.

Community Poll on Infrastructure Teams

Should all three Infrastructure teams be merged into one global team?

• Yes, I agree with merging the teams.

Votes: 57 31.8%
  • No, I do not agree with merging the teams.

Votes: 122 68.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Good evening,

I wanted to gather everyone's opinion on an idea I had for our Infrastructure Teams (i.e. Forum, TeamSpeak and Discord Moderation). I've put heavy thought into the past few months of merging all three teams into one global Infrastructure Moderation Team, which would obviously allow it's members to moderate all three infrastructure components to the community.

I've attached a poll to the thread for an official recording of everyone's stance, feel free to participate and leave your feedback here.

Thanks for your team.

Deadlyrock

Chef Prodigy 🎂
Sure, good idea. It would be a hassle doing the trainings but I’m sure you’ll figure something out.

Last edited:

Willy

serious guy
-1, Some people do good with just TS, and other could do all of them. Please don't merge them, some of these retards could actually ruin some of these teams.

Fear

Started from city now we’re here.
SteamID64
-1 They sign up for discord mod cause they wanna be discord mod and etc Some people don't like the other sides I like it the way it is if they wanna moderate the forums they'll apply for forum mod

Xantos

Doing business for chicken
-1, Some people do good with just TS, and other could do all of them. Please don't merge them, some of these retards could actually ruin some of these teams.
I agree with willy here, I think that merging has it's positives and negatives but I'd say the negatives are more.

Noot

Dragon of the West
Network Supervisor
• Leave of Absence •
^ We always have the ability to join all teams if we want to. Mandatory moderation of one interest would not apply to others if it was one team. Also, we've seen time and time again many people can join one team and struggle to join others so they specialize in one.

JR

Money is the motivation
Network Supervisor
SteamID64
Some people want to moderate a specific area of the network, not all of them. Wouldn’t make sense to force people to do all 3 if they don’t want to. For example I am fine with forum and teamspeak moderation so I do those. But I don’t want to moderate the discord so I don’t apply for that team.

Rud

Ends justify the means
I strongly agree with rud. A rich man. Always agree and trust a rich person
5Head-Emote.png
BUSINESS BRAIN

Andromina

Banned
Ultimately will be a positive change long run. Cross training will allow the infrastructure team to have greater capability to handle community related issues.

My only concern is the productivity structure. Without leaking too much of my infrastructure team, it seems like a chore almost to monitor and scalp for prod and less about making the community a safer/better place.

Marcoos

Mark-oos
I do like the simplicity it brings and the sense behind it, and it would make a balance in the number of the teams since it’d just be one, but I agree with what JR Willy fear all of em said

I actually like this idea, I've wanted to try moderation on the other platforms but never actually got around to making applications. I think this could work as you could possibly be assigned to a certain platform (i.e; forum moderation and teamspeak moderation). I think it would be cool to let infra members pick 2 platforms of their choice to moderate. Although I think it should be given a trial run before its a perma change

Last edited:

Savage

💎 Undisputed
IRP Elite Admin
Forum Moderator
TeamSpeak Moderator
I do not agree with merging the teams and the biggest reason is quite frankly most people don't want to moderate all three.

Not everyone uses our community discord, not everyone who applies for TeamSpeak mod wants to constantly post on the forums. If you're going to globalize it people currently in infrastructure would just stick to their pre-existing platforms.

If you're forcing someone to moderate everything, a majority of them aren't going to want to, that's why they haven't applied to the other teams, and if you make it to where someone can "focus" on a certain platform, then what's the point in merging the teams in the first place?

Also, probably gonna have to have the scuffed 3-manager trio for the first bit or cuck some of the pre-existing managers, unless we overhall about 98% of the teams, score system, how each rank works, entire process in this merge.

Noot

Dragon of the West
Network Supervisor
• Leave of Absence •
I do not agree with merging the teams and the biggest reason is quite frankly most people don't want to moderate all three.

Not everyone uses our community discord, not everyone who applies for TeamSpeak mod wants to constantly post on the forums. If you're going to globalize it people currently in infrastructure would just stick to their pre-existing platforms.

If you're forcing someone to moderate everything, a majority of them aren't going to want to, that's why they haven't applied to the other teams, and if you make it to where someone can "focus" on a certain platform, then what's the point in merging the teams in the first place?

Also, probably gonna have to have the scuffed 3-manager trio for the first bit or cuck some of the pre-existing managers, unless we overhall about 98% of the teams, score system, how each rank works, entire process in this merge.
All of this better explains what I was thinking ^ 100% agree with savage

Waffles

Ex-AS | Ex-ROVS | Ex-HROVS
As I told you like eight months ago, this is a fundamentally bad idea. If this is meant to make things easier for you and the infrastructure department in terms of permissions and management, that isn't a good enough reason. Specialization exists for people to do what they want, even if you argue that people can choose to do what they please in a giga team, it isn't the same. Knowledgeable people on a subject should be separated and given the responsibility to handle that subject and that subject alone.

Medic

The Criminal Empire
Banned
i gotta agree with willy here, no matter the outcome of the vote, its just a bad idea in general

Snazz

Where's my update?
SteamID64
-1 for this reason.
As someone in all three teams, there are very different dynamics and honestly appeal to each team. Just because Snazzy is in all of them doesn't mean everyone who wants to test the infrastructure waters would want to be. I think in the end this would be certified not cash money.